Saturday, December 14, 2013

Friday night at the Anchorage


Normally (if anything in my life is normal), I go out en-fem to a local "straight" restaurant/lounge nearby. The eclectic array or clientele (all straight as far as I know) are VERY accepting of me.

Two weeks ago I got cleaned up to go out but when my wife got home she was feeling very poorly. She has some type of middle ear condition and to test her they blew air into her ears for a balance test, well it worked, she became way out of balance and had terrible vertigo, the only remedy is time and rest.

I was so bored I figured I would venture out as Lou in "Drab", but a little androgynous. I usually wear women's jeans and some type of women's blouse or spandex top and jacket, I included a pair of women's riding boots this night too.

I like to cruse the bar just to see who's there and sometimes get into a conversation, being retired can be a little boring at times especially if you no longer have nearby or close friends, so meeting people in a social setting at least can occupy your time and with no commitment.

As I was walking towards 2 lady's sitting at a "high top" table, one girl exclaims her interest in my boots, well I knew she wanted to start a conversation and I replied that I liked her boyish hair cut. I thought it was a compliment because I really do like the androgynous look on some women, she said, so you're saying I look like a boy! I replied, well maybe you think I'm gay because of my boots. We went back and forth for about an hour breaking each others balls. She also noticed my nails so I gave her one of my Louise business cards.

It turns out they both work at Ancora State Mental Hospital as nurses, as you can see from the picture, the one with the short hair had to check to see if I was nuts, or is that if I had nuts.





1 comment:

scalesman said...

Louise,
It seems like you had a very interesting night at the Anchorage. I think that nurses are special. They have seen more than most and have an acute understanding of the frailty of the human condition.
I think that most people like to get out and about just for a change of scenery and to have a few new and interesting conversations without any strings or committments attached.
Since she was a trained nurse she was wise to check the nuts. Did she have you cough. I have no issue with the groping....
Pat