Friday, July 22, 2016

Another Thrift Shp Encounter

Wednesday is "Family Day" at the Salvation Army thrift shop (half price day).

I was in the check out line and a Lady was folding her "finds very neatly and putting the hangers in order and hanging them on the empty's rack.

I had to ask if she was available for house work, because I could really use a "Neat Freak". She laughed and said she was a Liberian at a Trade School.

We got to talking and she noticed my nails (always done in Silver) and my women's clothing selections, so I shared my picture (as usual) with her.

She said I'm also the director of a newly formed GBLT group for the students and asked if I would be interested in coming sometime in the next school year to discuss "cross-dressing".

A copy of her email to me.

"Lou/Louise-

Thanks so much for connecting with me.  It was a delight meeting you, and in such a serendipitous way! 

I hope we can connect this coming year and will certainly reach out to you via telephone, once I am settled into the school year.  Please understand, from my end, this is our first year (we are starting in October) and the group is student-run, with me as the Advisor.  My thoughts right now are to have a small panel of people (you included) who  can speak to different viewpoints, ways of living, etc.  And of course, sharing experiences to further educate all of us.  

There is a world of opportunities with this new group - fun, social, educational - and I do want to include you.  I will be in touch.  Thanks again Lou/Louise.

---Amy"

2 comments:

Mandy Sherman said...

That is a wonderful opportunity...I hope you two can connect and work out the details. You go, girl!

Mandy

Pat Scales said...

You will do a wonderful job. I think it is important that the next generation grow up knowing that there are guys like us who just like to be pretty.
Pat